Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sewing Bliss

My sister inlaw has gone on holidays up the coast for a few weeks....so jealous. Everyday i wish we lived near a beach. So anyway, I'm borrowing the family inheritance sewing machine off her while shes away. Im having lots of fun wipping things up so quickly! Usually I'm a hand sewing girl.
My other sister inlaw is hand sewing a square patchwork quilt, which looks so amazing, it has so many cool patches. I loved it so much i went home and started hand stiching one too. I don't love hand stiching as much as her so mine turned into a dolls size quilt, now I'm doing a human size one on the sewing machine. Now I've just gotta work out how to do the backing and quilting part.


Also this afternoon I made this plastic bag holder, the easiest thing ever to make. Our other one was falling apart and was but ugly, this one matches the rest of the kitchen.








1 comment:

  1. Oooh la la, it look s very very nice. I've got no idea how to do the backing, binding, quilting etc for mine. I'm planning on bringing it home for christmas and convincing mum to help me with it, if even to get her to help me sew my completed quilt top (which will now be single bed size) to a sheet, with some thin batting in between.

    ReplyDelete